Company is pleased to be one of the first to introduce Five Bar Ornamental Wood Gates into
the North American fencing marketplace. For centuries, gates of similar style and design
have been scattered throughout the European countryside next to Irish thatched roofs and
English stone walls. Such gates have been equally popular within other countries in the
European Union, particularly Germany, France, and Denmark. In the US, our Five Bar gates
are equally at home in the New England states as out west. These beautifully crafted wood
gates are ideal for gated entrances, residential walkways, and for use in an agricultural
Ornamental Five Bar Wood Gates are available in
two styles, the Cambridge and Oxford Range. Both styles of gates are approximately 4' in
height and crafted with superior quality spruce wood. Gates are available in widths
suitable for pedestrian traffic as well as vehicular traffic. Single gates are built up to
12' wide and may be doubled for a 24' wide gate opening!
Both the Cambridge and Oxford Range gates may be
mounted on nearly any type masonry column, wood post, or steel post. Further, gates are
fashioned with such quality, strength, and durability, they may be automated with gate
openers. You may accessorize your driveway gate by automating with access
control devices such as a keypad, an intercom, and a free exit device.
Gates compliment many styles of fence from
picket styles to agricultural styles of wood fence. The Cambridge style may even be
purchased in matching 5-rail
fence sections. Consider our rustic split rail styles of fence in pine, western red cedar, and treated as a compliment to the Cambridge and Oxford gates. Five bar
gates easily accept wire such as farm and field fence, woven wire fence, welded wire
fence, or even chain link. You may even
use these strong wood gate frames for picket styles of fence by attaching to picket to the
face of them. These gates may be used in lieu of the farm tubular gates often used with
agricultural fences and will beautify any property. Gates may be painted or stained nearly
any color to match exisiting fences, even vinyl post and rail fences.
- Primary gate joints are mortised and tenoned.
- Gates are designed with a heavy duty top rail over the
entire width for extra strength.
- Gate top rails are chamfered cross braced for additional
strength and durability.
- Rail and cross bracing reinforced with stainless steel
- Superior quality timber used throughout gate frame and
- Gates ship assembled, ready for installation.
- Gates may be automated with our professional line of gate
operators and accessories.
- Ornamental wood gates may be hung as right or left hand.
- Gates have beautifully planed natural spruce finish.
- Gates may be re-painted using water-based or oil-based
paints or leave 'as-is' to weather naturally.
- Suitable for residential, commercial, and agricultural uses.
- Gates easily mount to masonry columns, wood, or steel posts.
Backed by Hoover Fence Company's 30 Day Return Policy