Hoover Fence - Vinyl Fence, Aluminum Fence, Ornamental Gates And Gate Operators
About Vinyl Gates:
Note: Your hinges may or may not look like this
hinge. Gate hardware can vary. All hardware includes installation instructions specific to
that hardware. Follow the instructions for your hinges.
a hinge on a vinyl gate:
Note: Top hinge should be mounted so top of hinge lines up with the bottom of the
top rail of the gate / fence. Bottom hinge should be mounted so the bottom of the hinge
lines up with the top of the bottom rail of the gate / fence.
- Position hinge mounting bracket on gate upright.
Mark hole location on both sides of post.
- Drill 3/16" pilot holes to accept screws
- Secure mounting bracket to gate upright with (6) # 12 x
3/4" flat undercut screws. (fig. 1)
- Position oval adjusting holes of the hinge over the threaded
studs of the mounting bracket.
- Secure hinge to mounting bracket with (3) 1/4" washers
and (3) 1/4" low crown acorn nuts - Do not overtighten as hinge will
need to be removed (fig. 2)
- Position hinge against fence post, mark location of holes on
front of post.
- Drill (3) 3/16" pilot holes
- Secure hinge to fence post with (3) #12 x 3/4" pan head
screws (fig. 3)
- Remove hinge from mounting bracket on gate upright.
- Drill (3) 3/16" holes through leg of hinge
in center of each square.
- Mark location of remaining (3) screws on side of fence post.
- Drill (3) 3/16" pilot holes. Secure hinge to
- Reattach hinge to mounting bracket on gate upright, check
- Tighten acorn nuts. Repeat for second hinge.
Note: Due to the constant upgrading of
hardware supplied with the vinyl gates,
the style of hinges supplied with the gate you receive may not match the style
exactly. Full installation instructions will be included with the kit or
E-mail | Contact | Vinyl | Chain Link | Ornamental | Operators |
Shipping Policy |
Privacy Statement |
Important Disclaimer: Hoover Fence Co. strives to be accurate in
depicting all products featured on our website. Pricing, specifications,
and availability are subject to change without notice.
Copyright 1995-2013 Hoover Enterprises, Inc. - All Rights Reserved.
www.HooverFence.com. Striving to be the
fence and fencing materials retailer
and distributor of
ornamental cast iron and aluminum fencing,
gate operators and
access control, garage door openers and
replacement parts, and
Vinyl (PVC) fencing for
home and garden security,
horses, farms, and ranches, We carry:
American Access Systems™,
Genie™ and many others.